Turmeric paste has a variety of uses due to its healing properties. It has been known to relieve ailments such as inflammation, sore joints, arthritis, and also works as a liver cleanser, antioxidant, digestive system enhancer, and astringent. Turmeric paste helps to alleviate pain and purify the blood too! Additionally, studies have shown that turmeric can help prevent and/or ease heart disease, certain cancers and Alzheimer’s disease.
- 1 cup turmeric
- 4 cups waters
- Combine turmeric and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir or whisk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Continue to stir until a thick paste is formed.
- Allow the turmeric paste to cool.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
If you are looking to use turmeric paste to heal, there are many ways to consume the paste:
- Stir one teaspoon into milk, tea, soy milk or juice. (If you have been using turmeric paste for a while, you should use one tablespoon.)
- Stir one teaspoon of paste into ghee.
- Mix 1 part turmeric to 2 parts honey. Follow this sweeter paste with warm water.